Allan Saxe Dental Clinic
Dental Clinic Home Page / Your First Appointment
Welcome to the home page of the Allan Saxe Dental Clinic. We hope the information below will be supportive as you discover more about ways we want to help people with dental needs.
History & Administration
- Beginnings: The clinic was established in 1993 and is still located on the Mission Arlington® campus today. For information about Allan Saxe, click here.;
- Leadership: Jean Cagle, the clinic director, envisioned, prayed for, and started with the clinic from the first day, in coordination with Tillie and Mission Arlington.® God’s leadership was so evident throughout. In Jean’s role, she oversees day-to-day operations with a volunteer staff including dentists, hygienists, dental assistants and other support teams.
- Supervision: The Executive Director of Mission Metroplex®, the Board of Directors, the Mission Metroplex® Medical Advisory Committee, and the Allan Saxe Director work together to oversee the ministry.
Services include exams, cleanings, fillings, extractions and denture care. A limited number of patients receive root canals and crowns.
- For over twenty (23) years, the Dental Clinic has provided quality care “free of charge” to low-income residents in Arlington, the Tarrant County portion of Grand Prairie, and the surrounding communities of Kennedale, Mansfield, Pantego and Dalworthington Gardens;
- New patients must have current proof of residency in Kennedale, Arlington or the Mansfield Independent School District;
- New patients must also have proof of income, such as: a food stamp card, John Peter Smith card, school free or reduced lunch paperwork or a check stub, etc.;
- For information about making your first appointment, click this LINK.
- Flexible Schedule: We need dentists, hygienists, and other volunteers to serve in the clinic. Our hours are flexible, based upon the availability of volunteers. Jean Cagle, the Clinic director, works with each health care professional to have the clinic open whenever it works best for you.
- Your help needed: Fifty-two (52) dentists currently volunteer their skills and time, but it doesn’t come close to meeting the need. So many are struggling with dental needs. When health care professionals give even just a few hours of their time, the number of patients we are able to treat increases significantly.
- Contact Information: If you are available to help, please contact Debbie Musgrave in our business offices at 817-704-6141. If you miss her, please leave a message, and someone from the Saxe Clinic will return your call promptly.
In 2016, the Saxe Dental Clinic treated 3,749 patients, logging 8,232 volunteer hours, and providing $1,113,540 worth of free dentistry to low-income patients. Your support means so much. Thank you.