Providing Financial Support to Mission Arlington
There are many ways you can make a charitable donation to the Mission, plus your charitable contribution will qualify as a deduction on your federal tax return. But there are many other benefits to your contribution as well.
A gift of cash is the most frequent type of gift we receive. Cash donations represent gifts made by cash, check or credit card.
Your cash gifts are deductible up to 50% of your adjusted gross income for the taxable year in which you make the contribution. Any excess is deductible over the next five years. A pledge or promissory note is not deductible until actually paid.
We have many ways you can give a gift of cash.
- By Regular Mail: You can send your check to: Mission Arlington/Mission Metroplex, 210 W. South Street, Arlington, TX 76010.
- By Email: Use our feedback form and make sure to select “other” as your subject. Provide your name and contact number and we will get back with you.
- Online: Using the Donations Page you may make a one-time gift, or set up an automatic draft if you would like to donate regularly without the hassle of writing a check each time.
- In Person: Drop by to see us at the Mission Offices from 7:00am to 7:00pm Monday through Saturday.
- By Phone: Call Debbie Musgrave at 817-704-6141 to make a one-time cash donation or to set-up recurring donations.
We appreciate all you do.
Securities: When you contribute long-term appreciated securities to Mission Arlington, you get an income tax deduction for the full present fair market value with no tax on the increase in value. The deductible limit in any tax year is 30% of your adjusted gross income with any excess deductible over the next five years.
If you want to give securities on which you have a loss, consider selling them instead and donating the proceeds to Mission Arlington. You will then have a loss deduction plus the charitable deduction on your tax return.
Real Estate: Similar to gifts of securities, this approach allows a deduction for the fair market value at the time of the gift.
Tangible Personal Property: You can also contribute personal property such as art objects, antiques or collectables. You should remember that these types of gifts are subject to special IRS rules however.
For example, for a painting you have owned for several years, you could possible see a long-term capital gain if you sold it. But if you gift the painting to Mission Arlington, you can take a deduction for its fair market value if the painting’s use is related to our tax exempt purpose. The gift is generally deductible up to 30% of your adjusted gross income. If you elect to donate it at cost, it is then subject to deduction up to 50% of your adjusted gross income with a five year carryover for any excess.
Life Insurance Policies: You may make Mission Arlington the beneficiary of your life insurance policy, simply call us at 817-277-6620 for more information.
IRA’s: You may gift to Mission Arlington your retirement plan such as an IRA.
Other Ideas for Gifts
- Gift Annuity
- Educational Trust for Grandchildren
- Trust to care for a surviving Spouse, Parent or Child
- Perpetual Missions Fund
- Scholarship Fund
- Advise and Consult Fund
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Charitable Lead Trust
Please call us at 817-277-6620 for more information or if you have interest in any one of these gift approaches.