Our Primary Commitment
is to the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the author and finisher of our faith and the reason for our work and ministry here. Please check out the mission section of our website to get an overview of our key commitments and core values.
Our Mission Statement
Mission Arlington®/Mission Metroplex® is a faith-based organization which utilizes hundreds of volunteers and a multitude of services to assist people with their physical, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual needs.
Board of Directors
Mission Arlington® /Mission Metroplex® is led and supported by an independent team of people who love the Lord and pray for the ministries here. They meet each month to hear reports and to pray for God’s work here.
A Dedicated Staff
Mission Arlington® truly operates more like a family than it does a place of employment. Those who serve on our staff have a common calling to serve the Lord and to love His people. Follow this link to see the names and contact information of current staff and volunteers.
An Independent Audit
The finances of Mission Arlington®/Mission Metroplex® are
- reviewed each month by our Board.
- Each year, an external, independent, and respected team of auditors reviews the financials of the ministry and makes a report to the full Board of Directors. You can view their letter to the board here.
- The annual, independent audit also provides the percentage of your financial gifts spent by the Mission on administrative, or supporting services. For 2015, the latest data available, our administrative overhead was 3.2 percent. This means that almost 97 cents of each dollar you gave went directly in ministry to people in need. The 2016 percentages will be out when our audit is finished in the Spring of 2017.
If you would like to review our annual audit, please write us here, and make an appointment to sit down with us at the Mission Arlington®/Mission Metroplex® offices in downtown, Arlington. We are happy to go through it with you. For other questions, please don’t hesitate to give Tillie Burgin, our Executive Director, a call at 817-704-6140.
Mission Arlington®/Mission Metroplex® is a member in good standing with the following accountability associations and/or charity watchdogs:
- Better Business Bureau – A Seal Holder, meeting all 20 standards. Read their report here.
- Charity Navigator – North America’s largest Charity Watchdog
- ECFA – (member since 1999) – enhances trust in leading Christian non-profit organizations that “faithfully demonstrate compliance with established standards for financial accountability, transparency, fundraising, and board governance.” Read their review here (requires free registration).
- Guidestar – We are a Gold-level Guide Star Exchange participant. Retrieve general and financial information about us here, including three years of our Form 990. Free Registration required to view some information on their review.
We are grateful to God for all that He does here, and we are thankful for your trust and support. Thank you, and all glory to God!