Thanksgiving on our Mind
It’s Thanksgiving time at Mission Arlington®, and we are so excited.
To enjoy the Spirit of a Mission Arlington Thanksgiving, take a few minutes to watch the 2 minute 55 second video above. You’ll see why Thanksgiving is on our mind! We are grateful for you!
- The phones are ringing nonstop, and our “front room,” is full of people signing up to receive food for their families on Thanksgiving morning.
- Our drop-off area is lined up with cars bringing all kinds of donations, including Thanksgiving food.
- We are receiving notices from individuals & teams across our community who are hosting food drives on behalf of the people we serve, and
- people and teams are signing up every day to serve with us on Thanksgiving Day.
We are humbled and honored by all the ways our community provides support to people in a moment of need. It’s no wonder that Thanksgiving is on our mind! Last year, 6,000 volunteers delivered food to 6,000 families in our community – all on Thanksgiving morning. God is on the move once again, putting it all together in such a beautiful and extraordinary way. Thank you so much. It’s clear that Thanksgiving is on your mind too.
Here are some ways you can help.
- You can provide turkeys and Thanksgiving food – (hams, stuffing mix, vegetables, canned fruit, canned sweet potatoes, canned pie filling, cranberry sauce, box/mashed potatoes, macaroni & cheese, beans/rice, tuna, peanut butter, rolls, and/or pie crust);
- Help us get ready for Thanksgiving Day: You, your family, friends, and/or team can volunteer before Thanksgiving Day. We are here from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Come on down to lend a hand.
- Serve on Thanksgiving Day: You can join with us on Thanksgiving Day, starting at 8:00 a.m. Join the huge team of volunteers who will deliver food to families in need on that morning.
When you come to help, you will discover that you won’t be able to get Thanksgiving off of your mind for some time. It truly is more blessed to give than to receive, and you will be so blessed for some time to come. Thank you for all you do to make this day possible. We are grateful for you, and thankful to God.