Holy Week at Mission Arlington®
Easter week is a busy one for the Mission Arlington® family, but each activity and every event has such meaning for us, that we wish we could linger here longer before moving on. There is a sacredness about each moment, and important possibilities inherent in each event, which we want to savor. You can find these events listed in multiple places across our network, but here is a brief listing:
- EASTER STORE – Wednesday & Thursday, April 17th & 18th, from 10 to 6 both days. Spring clothes and Easter baskets, plus a few extras are provided for families in need. Every family who comes through hears the biblical story behind Easter and is given an opportunity to respond;
- MAUNDY THURSDAY YOUTH SERVICE – Thursday Night, April 18th, 6:30 p.m. This special service for youth is designed for the youth who attend our weekly Bible studies and congregations, but it is open to any who are led to come. Call us at 817-277-6620 for more information.
- GOOD FRIDAY SERVICES – Several of our Bible studies and congregations are hosting services which call us to remember the sacrifice Jesus made for us on the cross. Please call for more information if you are interested in attending.
- “WORLD’S LARGEST’ EASTER EGG HUNT – From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, April 20th, in central Arlington at 1514 Cherry Drive, near the Southeast corner of 303 and Fielder Rd, across from the Kroger. Bouncy houses, free food, and a huge Easter egg hunt, plus the opportunity for everyone to hear the story of Christ’s death and resurrection, this event is free and open to the public.
- EASTER SUNDAY MORNING SERVICES – The Mission Arlington® family consists in part of 354 Bible studies and congregations across our community. Each of them will be having special Easter celebration services this Sunday morning. Please call us at 817-277-6620 for times and locations if you are interested in attending.
We are now twenty years past 9-1-1 in our country. Many of remember in vivid and emotional detail the horrors of that day, but there are many young people who are coming of age now who only know the story as it has been related to them by others. We know it is important to remember certain moments in time.
This Easter week is Holy for so many, because it is one way we remember the sacrifices made on our behalf. “For God so loved the world that He sent His only son, so that whoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life.” The heavenly Father sent His only son to pay our debt through his death on a cross. On Easter Sunday, Christ rolled away the stone which sealed his tomb, defeating death once and for all for any who will open their hearts to a personal relationship with Him. Click HERE to learn more, or give us a call.
We hope you will join us in some of these events where you can, and may each of you have a blessed Easter.