Schedule a pickup from Mission Arlington®
We will come to your home and/or business to pick up your gifts and then deliver them at no cost directly to the people who need them the most. There are a couple of easy ways to schedule a pickup:
- Contact our offices at 817-277-6620 and tell the operator that you would like to “schedule a pickup.” They will help you get a pickup date & time established. Remember, because of heavy volume, we schedule several days ahead. We aspire to provide same day service, of course, but this is difficult to accomplish. Please give us several days notice, so that we can receive your gifts in a way that works for everyone;
- Write Us – Use the “Send Comments‘ form at the bottom of every page on our website, or click this LINK. In the drop down box for the subject line, choose, “I want to schedule a pickup,” then fill out the form and hit send. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
We hope the responses below to “Frequently Asked Questions” will be helpful.
Frequently Asked Questions
What exactly can we give?
Almost anything that could be used again by someone else. We regularly pick up household items such furniture, appliances, clothing and office equipment.
How do I know if my items can be used by someone else?
A good “rule of thumb” is to ask yourself if you would feel good about giving this donation to a friend or family member? If you wouldn’t want it for someone you love, then it probably wouldn’t work as a gift for someone else. If in doubt, just give us a call at 817-277-6620.
What about non-working appliances?
Yes, we will pick up your non-working refrigerators, stoves and other appliances. We have volunteers who try to repair these appliances, but if they cannot be repaired we are able to use these in a way that still helps support the ministry.
How do I schedule a pickup?
- You can schedule a pickup by calling the Mission Arlington®/Mission Metroplex® offices at 817-277-6620 and telling the operator that you would like to “schedule a pickup.”
- They will ask for information such as your name, phone number, address and a detailed list of the items you are donating. We will work with you to find the most convenient date and time for us to pick up your donation.
- If you need to schedule on a specific day, please call us as far in advance of the day as possible. We average 100 plus pickups per day and it is often very difficult for us to accommodate “same-day” service.
- You can also request a pickup through our “Send Comments” form on the bottom of every page of this website, or by clicking this LINK. When the form appears, choose “I want to schedule a pickup,” then fill in the requested information, and hit send. Someone will get back with you as soon as possible.
- We rely on our volunteer drivers for pickups, and it is often difficult to be precise on when we will arrive. We generally schedule pickups in one of three time frames: 1) Morning pickups: 7:00 am to noon; 2) Mid-day pickups from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.; and 3) Afternoon pickups: noon to 5:00 pm, Monday through Saturday. Let us know which time frame works best for you, and we’ll take it from there.
- We do realize that at times it is difficult to wait for an extended time for us to arrive. We will get there as soon as we possibly can. Often, people will place the items outside in a specific predetermined location with the items marked for Mission Arlington®/Mission Metroplex®.
We appreciate very much your thoughtfulness & generosity. We want to do what we can to make this as convenient and as timely as possible.
What areas in DFW do you pickup from?
- We are able to schedule pickups in Arlington and the Tarrant County side of Grand Prairie every day between 7:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Saturday.
- For areas outside of Arlington and Grand Prairie, we schedule “out of town” pickups on a case by case basis. When you call, let us know that you want to schedule an “out of town” pickup. We will have our coordinator call you, and will do our very best to schedule a pickup if it is at all possible.
Can I get a receipt for my donation?
Absolutely! Our drivers will bring you a tax exempt receipt when they come to pickup. If you are not there when we arrive, we will leave the receipt at your front door.
Do I need to tip the drivers?
Absolutely not! Our drivers are volunteers and they are happy to be of service. If you would like to make a contribution that would help us help others, you can donate securely – online, call us at 817-277-6620, or send your gift in person or by mail to Mission Arlington®/Mission Metroplex® at 210 W. South St., Arlington, TX. 76010.
Thank you for all you do to help us help others in our community. We are grateful.