On Thanksgiving morning, November 25th, 2021, beginning at 8:00 a.m., the Mission Arlington® family will deliver turkeys, hams, food baskets, and cooked meals to the homes of more than 6,000 families. Last year, 24,599 people received a Thanksgiving meal. Turkeys and Thanksgiving food are needed.
Important Information Related to COVID-19
- We are still delivering meals on Thanksgiving morning. The need is as great as ever;
- We will start delivering at 8 a.m. and will continue until 12 p.m.;
- We will follow all health recommendations and guidelines, including social-distancing, masking, and sanitizing;
- Every part of the volunteer experience will be outside, or in your own car.
How you can help
- Turkeys & Thanksgiving Food – hams, stuffing mix, canned fruit, canned sweet potatoes, canned pie filling, cranberry sauce, box/mashed potatoes, macaroni & cheese, beans/rice, tuna, peanut butter, rolls, pie crust – or anything else that goes with a Thanksgiving turkey;
- Volunteers before Thanksgiving day – to pack & prepare Thanksgiving baskets, receive, sort, organize, and distribute incoming Thanksgiving food;
- Volunteers on Thanksgiving day – Be at the Mission office by 8:00 a.m. on Thanksgiving morning to deliver food to families in need.
Quick Reference to more Holiday Events
Click the links below to discover more information about the next round of holiday ministries.
- Easter 2021– 1) Easter Store: March 31st and April 1st, 2021 – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; 2) Easter Egg Hunt: Saturday, April 3rd, 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., click here for more info.
- Fall Festival – October 30th, 2021, from 12 to 4 p.m.; To learn more details about this event, and /or to discover ways you can provide support, click here;
- Christmas Store – December 12th – December 22nd (excluding Sundays) from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day. Also, on December 23rd, from 10:00 a.m. to noon. More info? Click here. For gift ideas, click here;
Thank you so much for your support!
Each major event we do, like the ones listed above, generally take a year in advance to get ready. For example, we receive school supplies, Christmas toys, and Thanksgiving food all year long, setting it aside until “the day” arrives.
As you may know, it isn’t at all unusual to have groups sorting and moving Christmas toys in the summer months, because that’s just what it takes to get ready. We work all year long on each holiday event.
Your prayers make a difference, and we appreciate not just the way you give your time when you volunteer, but also the opportunity to work alongside of you day by day. You make it easy to care for people. Thank you. To God be the glory!