Services we provide
The Mission Arlington® / Mission Metroplex® Difference
Our services are
- free: There is no charge for any service provided by Mission Arlington®;
- accessible: People shouldn’t have to jump through hoops to receive help;
- holistic: The array of services is designed to support the physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual needs of people; For example, we provide sports leagues (physical), Bible studies (spiritual), counseling (emotional), and after-school programs (intellectual);
- coordinated – Each of our services operate in synchronization with all of our services, a kind of “one-stop-shop” to meet people’s needs efficiently and effectively;
- flexible: We desire to be Spirit-led (life-directed), and not rules-governed. We will flex to meet a need wherever possible, even when it is not a service we officially provide;
- growing: with the Lord’s help and yours, current services continue to improve and expand, and new services are being added Please check back from time to time;
- accountable – we evaluate and monitor each service constantly (using various measures) to insure that people are receiving the best help possible.
We want to
- build bridges, not barriers: Our heart is to be here whenever it is possible to meet a need. We want each person, and every family, to receive authentic help when they need it most. We want to treat people with the same passion with which we would want someone else to respond to our own moment of need, or the needs of those we love most;
- treat people with dignity and respect: Anyone can pass along provisions. We want to listen when people speak, to connect with each life, and to respond with authentic help and hope;
- point people to Christ: When families sit around their dinner table to eat the food you provide we know that they will still get hungry again. On the other hand, a relationship with Christ satisfies the soul forever (John 4). The greatest gift we have for people isn’t temporal, but eternal, so we work faithfully to communicate His great love day in and day out. We offer to pray with everyone who comes through our doors;
- follow-up: People are more than just “numbers on a chart, ” or “objects processed through a system.” Each week, and with every event, the Mission Arlington® family “checks in” with people after they have engaged with any of our services.
What are the services we provide?
Though not an exhaustive list, you can click through the links in this section to discover the various ways we want to help. We hope the information will help you get connected to the service or services you need, and/or to the ministry you would like to support. If you can’t find what you are looking for, please give us a call at 817-277-6620, write us, or come by.
What are the hours of operation for each service?
- This is always a difficult question to answer, because the answer is “It depends!”
- Each service provided here operates on various schedules. For information about “hours of operation” for a specific service, click one of the corresponding links to the top and on the right side of this page;
- Or, you can check out our “hours of operation” page to find the information you need in one spot.
- If you can’t find what you are looking for, contact us. It will be our privilege to help you discover the operating times of a particular service or services.
A Few Important Reminders
- Free of Charge: Every service provided here is free of charge. We do not charge people to receive help here;
- We do not sell what you provide: When you give it, we give it away. It passes from your hands through ours directly to people in need;
- Your dollars get to the people. Our administrative overhead, documented by a professional CPA firm is currently 2.7 percent. This means that more than 97 cents out of every dollar you give goes directly in ministry to the people who need it;
- A Generous Community. We can only be here, because we are surrounded by such a generous community. We can keep costs low, because you constantly volunteer your time to help. We have things to provide for people, and financial resources to give, because you gave it first, so we can give it away;
- We’re here to receive: Whenever you have any of the items listed above, or more, and you want to help, please come on down.
- We are here to receive what you give from 7 to 7 Monday through Saturday, and
- we are here after noon on Sundays through 6 p.m.
- If you need to schedule a pickup, click here to learn more;
- We are grateful for you: We are grateful to God every single day, and we are so thankful for you, your prayers, and your constant support. Thank you for the privilege of walking this journey with you.