The Christmas Store
What is it?
“Where parents ‘shop’ to receive free gifts for their children!” The Christmas Season is a time for celebrating our Lord, Jesus Christ, showing love to those around us, and embracing a spirit of giving. In addition to receiving toys for their children, every adult who comes through the Christmas Store will hear the beautiful story of Christ’s birth, shared from the Scriptures and narrated by creative & faithful story-tellers. The Store is located here.
When is the Christmas Store open?
The Store will open daily – from December 12th through December 22nd, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm (excluding Sundays). It will also be open on Wednesday, December 23rd, from 10:00 a.m. to Noon.
How you can help!
- Provide Christmas Gifts for Children – We need gifts of all kinds for children up to age 17. Please bring unwrapped gifts to Mission Arlington®, or call us at 817-277-6620 to arrange a pickup. We receive gifts through Christmas Eve. For a list of needed Christmas gifts, click here. Wrapping paper & tape helps too.
- Volunteer in the Christmas Store – Volunteers are needed anytime the store is open to receive & organize Christmas gifts & to stock the store, help parents find gifts in the store that they want for their children, gift-wrappers, and so much more. Come on down anytime the store is open, and we will get you to work. If you want to bring a group, call ahead at 817-277-6620, and we’ll get your team on the schedule;
- Volunteer before Opening Day – Volunteers are needed anytime between 7 & 7, Monday through Saturday after Thanksgiving to help us get ready for opening day.
Quick Reference to more Holiday Events
Click the links below to discover more information about the next round of holiday ministries.
- Easter 2020 – Easter Store: April 8 & 9, 10 a.m. til 6 p.m.; Easter Egg Hunt: April 11th, 10:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.; For more info., click here;
- Fall Festival 2020 – October 31st, from 12 to 4 p.m.; To learn more details about this event, and/or to discover ways you can provide support, click here.
- Thanksgiving Day – November 26th, 8:00 a.m.; To learn more about the details of this day, the preparation leading up to the day, and/or the ways you can provide support, click here;
Thank you so much for your support!
Each major event we do, like the ones listed above, generally take a year in advance to get ready. For example, we receive school supplies, Christmas toys, and Thanksgiving food all year long, setting it aside until “the day” arrives.
As you may know, it isn’t at all unusual to have groups sorting and moving Christmas toys in the summer months, because that’s just what it takes to get ready. We work all year long on each holiday event.
Your prayers make a difference, and we appreciate not just the way you give your time when you volunteer, but also the opportunity to work alongside of you day by day. You make it easy to care for people. Thank you. To God be the glory!