Community Service volunteers are such a blessing to the Mission Arlington® family, and they form a substantial team to help us accomplish so much of what we do here every day. If you need community service hours, we would be honored for you to serve along side of us. We hope the following paragraphs will provide the information you need as you make plan to volunteer.
Days & Times to Volunteer
We know that life is busy, and that each volunteer has multiple responsibilities, so we want to be as accessible & flexible as possible to meet your needs. Here are the general guidelines for serving with us:
- Hours: Monday through Saturday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;
- No appointment necessary – Please come in whenever it works best for you during our normal hours of operation;
- You choose the dates and times you want to volunteer, then show up when it works best for you. We always have plenty to do, and we love it when you drop by;
- Paperwork – Please bring any paperwork you have on your first visit;
- Under 18? If you are under 18, please see the notes below.
If you are under 18
- Different Times: Available volunteer times are from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays and from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday;
- Orientation: A parent/guardian must come with you on your first visit. You both will listen to an orientation, after which your parent/guardian can go on with their day. You may stay to work, or come back another day to begin your service.
- Limited hours: Your service time is limited to 4 hours on any given day.
When you Arrive
- The Volunteer Office: Please check in at our “Volunteer Office” every time you come in to help. Located within the main offices at 210 W. South St., the office is clearly marked. If you can’t find it, just ask, and any of us will gladly help you get there.
- Your Orientation: On your first visit, you will receive an orientation from one of our staff. This orientation covers a variety of topics, including our expectations and guidelines. We will also go through and sign off on any paperwork you might have. This orientation isn’t long, and if you are choosing to work with us that day, we will get you to work quickly.
What to bring with you
Please bring any official paperwork with you on your first day. This may include documents like a “liability release,” a document assigning or allowing you to work with us, and/or a time sheet. If you are referred to us by your attorney, we will need the name & number of your attorney in order to get you started.
What you will be doing
- It isn’t possible to know precisely what you will be doing on any given day;
- In general, you will be working with the administration of food, clothes, household items and furniture – sorting, separating, carrying, and distributing;
- Please wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty, and come with a flexible spirit, ready to work wherever you are needed.
For more information
If you need more information, don’t hesitate to give us a call.
- You can reach the community service line by calling 817-277-6620 and asking for community service. If you call after hours and reach our voicemail, you can push 6093 for the correct extension.
- Or EMAIL us and someone will respond as soon as possible.