On the holiest week of the year for Christians, Mission Arlington® hosts several Easter events which provide support for families in our community.
- The Easter Store – a place on our campus where families can receive Easter supplies and Spring clothes. Because of the ongoing influence of COVID – 19, we did not open the store in a central location, but instead, delivered these much – needed items through our apartment ministries. In 2021, 528 families (1,850 people) received gifts from our Easter Store. Next year’s Easter Store will happen at Mission Arlington on Wednesday & Thursday, April 13th & 14th, from 10:00 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day.
- Maundy Thursday Youth Service – 234 youth leaders gathered on the Thursday of Holy Week in 2021 to worship in a service designed specifically for them. We did not have this service in 2020 due to COVID-19. The next service happens on Thursday, April 14th , 2022 at 6:30 p.m.;
- “World’s Largest” Easter egg hunt – 3,196 children (with their families) received food and Easter eggs. The 2022 Easter egg hunt happens on Saturday, April 16th from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.;
- Easter Sunday, April 17th, 2022. 360 Bible studies and congregations will gather to worship a risen Lord.
Quick Reference to more Holiday Events
Click the links below to discover more information about the next round of holiday ministries.
- Fall Festival 2021 – October 30th, from noon to 4 p.m.; To learn more details about this event, and/or to discover ways you can provide support, click here
- Thanksgiving Day 2021 – November 25th, 8:00 a.m.; To learn more about the details of this day, the preparation leading up to the day, and/or the ways you can provide support, click here;
- Christmas Store 2021 – December 12th – December 22nd (excluding Sundays) every day from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Also open on December 23rd, from 10:00 a.m. to Noon. For gift ideas, click here; For more information about the Christmas season, and ways you can join in, please click this link;
Thank you so much for your support!
Each major event we do, like the ones listed above, generally take a year in advance to get ready. For example, we receive school supplies, Christmas toys, and Thanksgiving food all year long, setting it aside until “the day” arrives.
As you may know, it isn’t at all unusual to have groups sorting and moving Christmas toys in the summer months, because that’s just what it takes to get ready. We work all year long on each holiday event.
Your prayers make a difference, and we appreciate not just the way you give your time when you volunteer, but also the opportunity to work alongside of you day by day. You make it easy to care for people. Thank you. To God be the glory!