Easter Week 2021
On the holiest week of the year for Christians, Mission Arlington® hosts several Easter events which provide support for families in our community.
- The Easter Store – a place on our campus where families can receive Easter supplies and spring clothes. 208 families (904 people) received help in 2019, but we did not open the store in 2020 due to Covid-19. The store opens again March 31st & April 1st, 2021 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. both days.
- Maundy Thursday Youth Service – 242 youth leaders gathered on the Thursday of Holy Week in 2019 to worship in a service designed specifically for them. We did not have this service in 2020 due to COVID-19. The next service happens on Thursday, April 1st, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.;
- “World’s Largest” Easter egg hunt – 6,524 children (with their families) received food and Easter eggs, delivered safely to their front doors on Saturday, April 11th. Instead of gathering in one big crowd, we took the food and Easter eggs to the people. The 2021 Easter egg hunt happens on Saturday, April 3rd from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.;
- Easter Sunday, April 4th, 2021. 360 Bible studies and congregations will gather to worship a risen Lord.
Quick Reference to more Holiday Events
Click the links below to discover more information about the next round of holiday ministries.
- Fall Festival 2021 – October 30th, from noon to 4 p.m.; To learn more details about this event, and/or to discover ways you can provide support, click here
- Thanksgiving Day – November 26th, 8:00 a.m.; To learn more about the details of this day, the preparation leading up to the day, and/or the ways you can provide support, click here;
- Christmas Store – December 12th – December 22nd (excluding Sundays) every day from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Also open on December 23rd, from 10:00 a.m. to Noon. For gift ideas, click here; For more information about the Christmas season, and ways you can join in, please click this link;
Thank you so much for your support!
Each major event we do, like the ones listed above, generally take a year in advance to get ready. For example, we receive school supplies, Christmas toys, and Thanksgiving food all year long, setting it aside until “the day” arrives.
As you may know, it isn’t at all unusual to have groups sorting and moving Christmas toys in the summer months, because that’s just what it takes to get ready. We work all year long on each holiday event.
Your prayers make a difference, and we appreciate not just the way you give your time when you volunteer, but also the opportunity to work alongside of you day by day. You make it easy to care for people. Thank you. To God be the glory!