Become a Volunteer
Join the Mission Arlington® family of volunteers!
Volunteers are important to the Mission Arlington® family for a number of reasons:
- We love and enjoy people generally, so it is always fun when you drop by. You bring such energy and positive spirits when you come;
- There is always more to do here than our small staff can do, so having you here “lifts the load” in a multitude of ways. It takes about 2,500 volunteers each week to do what we do;
- We have also observed the biblical truth that “It is more blessed to give than to receive” play out in the lives of our volunteers over and over again. Notice the smile of the young lady pictured above who came to work with children. We see smiles like that here every day;
- Finally, the presence and ministry of volunteers like you provides authentic help to people in need. Notice the smile of the young girl being cared for above. We see smiles like that here day after day.
Helpful Information about Volunteering with Mission Arlington®
- We work with your schedule – Officially, volunteer hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday, but we will work with your schedule, so that you can serve here in a time frame that works best for you;
- We are “kid friendly“ – We have volunteer opportunities for people of all ages, whether young or old. We love having children here on the campus with us, because they can provide a valuable contribution. They also keep us young. Bring your children with you when you come. We’ll put them to work;
- We remove the hassle – If you are bringing a group of five or more, it helps for you to let us know you are coming. That way, we will have a plan in place for you the moment your team arrives. Otherwise, you don’t need an appointment at all. There is always work which needs to be accomplished here, so you can just show up, and we will get you to work immediately. Unless you are needing us to “count your hours” in some way, we also do not have required paperwork, or an extended application process. We try to make it as easy as possible for you to get started doing what you came here to do;
- You can use your gifts – We will do our best to use your gifts as you serve with us. If you want to work with people, children and/or youth, we will place you accordingly. If administration and paperwork is your gift, we have a place for you. If you have gifts in the construction industry, we always have something you can help with. Or if you just want to help, and you don’t mind serving where you are most needed, we can get you going too;
- We will “count your hours.“ If you are needing us to count your hours for any reason, please bring any paperwork required by the group who these hours are for, and we will document your volunteer time, and sign the paperwork you need. Please check in with our Volunteer Office before you volunteer, so that we can document your time properly.
- You can bring your group – Bring your friends, family, office staff, co-workers, or people from any group to which you belong (civic clubs, churches, schools, businesses, etc.) Teams of people work with us here nearly every day.
How do I make contact with someone about volunteering?
|* Mission Trips||Jason or Heather||817-277-6620||Mission Trip|
|* Group opportunities||Jason or Heather||817-277-6620||Groups|
|* Individuals/families||Marne Phipps||817-704-6147||Volunteers|
| * Summer/semester
| * Community service/Service
|Regina or Tim||817-277-6620 x 6093||Community Service|