Safe in the Storm: Mission Arlington® & COVID-19
During these difficult days in our country, we want you to know the measures we’ve taken here at Mission Arlington®, as emergency responders within our community, to provide for people in need and to follow all appropriate protocols to facilitate safety for volunteers, donors, and guests.
If you need help
- Normal Operating Hours – We are here to provide emergency assistance between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Saturdays. These are our normal operating hours, unchanged from before the virus‘ entrance into our community;
- Social Distancing –
- We have created a “drive thru” for people who are receiving food. This limits the amount of people in the building and the physical interaction between people, and it allows you to receive what you need from the privacy of your own vehicle;
- We are also delivering food and supplies to people who call in and are requesting assistance if at all possible;
If You Want to Help
- Normal Operating Hours – We are still open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Sundays for drop off;
- Stay in your Vehicle – When you drop off, please stay in your vehicle. We will unload your car for you. Our volunteers will be wearing protective gear for their safety and yours;
- Receipts Provided – Instead of coming into our offices to receive a Tax Receipt, we will bring the receipt to your vehicle;
- Food Needs – We have special needs for a variety of foods to provide for people during these days – canned meats, soups, canned vegetables of multiple varieties, bread, hygiene items, toiletries, and so much more;
- Financial Needs – Mission Arlington® continues to need your financial support, especially in these days of increased need. Our administrative overhead continues to be very low (less than 2 percent), and we don’t charge for any service we provide. 98 percent of every dollar you give directly ministers to people in need. As the impact of the virus affects our economy, we are anticipating increased need in days to come. Your support makes such a difference.
- You can write out a check to Mission Arlington®, sending it to our main offices at 210 W. South Street, Arlington, TX 76010;
- Or, you can donate online here. If you so choose, you can direct your offering to specific areas of ministry, such as the general fund, food, medical, dental, or more. This will give you the option to begin or to continue your support of our work without having to travel to our physical location downtown.
- We are so grateful for, and we truly count on your support. Thank you.
We have been in this community for nearly 34 years, representing the generous, caring hearts of the people here to care for “those in crisis” among us, and to represent our Lord faithfully. We are grateful for you.