School Supplies Help Students Succeed
Anew school year means new supplies, and another chance for all of us to provide for the children & youth in our community. Mission Arlington® has the privilege to be your partner again in collecting & distributing what you provide to an anticipated 10,000+ AISD students.
Ways you can provide support
The need looks to be just as great in 2019. Here is some information we hope will make it easier for you when you give:
- Purchase School Supplies Yourself– This link takes you to an “easy to print” list of needed school supplies. Please share this list with others who want to help.
- We Can Purchase School Supplies for You– Given the busyness and pace of modern life, it may be easier for you to donate online. We will take your financial gift and purchase the school supplies for you. Click on the link, then choose the “school supply” option under “categories and funds.” 100 percent of your donation will be used to purchase school supplies, and we will send you a receipt. Donate Online here.
- Organize a School Supply Drive – Distribute the printable list to friends and family. Partner with your church/school, or civic groups, or with your neighborhood. School supply drives build a sense of community, and it is fun to do. If you need help getting the supplies to the Mission, call us, and we’ll Schedule a Pickup.
- Bring the Supplies to Mission Arlington® – Please drop off the school supplies at our main offices downtown. We are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday to receive your donation.
- Volunteering – We receive school supplies all year long, but especially in the summer through August. We need your help now to get these supplies organized anytime that you are available (no appointment necessary). If you would like to bring your team, give us a call at 817-277-6620, and we’ll get you on the schedule. We love and appreciate your passion to help our community’s students.
Distribution Dates & Times
Many volunteers and volunteer teams love the organization involved in the work of school supplies. Many volunteers also especially love the connection and blessing of handing the supplies to the children and their families. Below, you will see our planned dates and times for the distribution of school supplies to the community.
- Friday, August 9th (9 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- Saturday, August 10 (9 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- Monday-Friday, August 12-16 (9 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- Saturday, August 17 (9: a.m. to 12 p.m.)
We are grateful for you!
Not only do these provisions help students to succeed academically, but it encourages them personally in more ways than we could possibly understand. The tears of joy we see, and the hugs we receive, are intended for you. We are constantly amazed by the way you give to help people you don’t know, to bless the children & youth of our community. Thank you!
For more of the heart behind this, you might enjoy watching this 55 second interview with Tillie from 2016.