Mission Arlington® delivers turkeys and Thanksgiving food to more than 6,000 families (about 27,000 people) on Thanksgiving morning. What started small has now grown into a massive undertaking of love. Here are some ways you can help – before and on Thanksgiving Day!
- bringing turkeys and/or Thanksgiving food to the Mission Arlington® offices before Thanksgiving Day. For a list of food items needed, click HERE;
- volunteering with us – anytime between 7 a.m. & 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday – to pack and prepare turkey baskets prior to Thanksgiving Day. It takes a lot of hands to get everything ready. You don’t need an appointment. Just come on down.
On Thanksgiving Day
- Be at the Mission Offices by 8:00 a.m. There will be plenty of places to park around the Mission.
- It takes about 6,000 volunteers to deliver all the food, so don’t fret if you see a lot of other people there. We still need your help;
- We will get you, your family, and/or your team registered, and then give you your assignment.
- You will pick up your turkey, Thanksgiving boxes, and make your deliveries, and you will be such a blessing to the people receiving the food.
- We typically finish by noon, and then you can go home to have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your own family and friends.
If you are bringing a team with you, or a group, give us a call, and we’ll provide you with a special set of instructions for the day.
We are so blessed to be working in this faithful, generous community. Thank you for making a difference in this Thanksgiving Season.