The Christmas Spirit
The Christmas Season Arrives at Mission Arlington®
Though the Christmas weather isn’t quite in the air yet, the Christmas spirit sure is, especially here at Mission Arlington®. People are bringing in Christmas toys every day, and our free Christmas store is coming alive.
Volunteers have been working all year long to freshen up the store with new paint and getting new gifts ready to go out to families. The activity has increased significantly since Thanksgiving day. Teams of people are collecting toys through their families, their civic organizations, companies, and more, then bringing the gifts to Mission Arlington®, so that children will have something under the tree on Christmas day.
Here are a few details about the store, and how you can help.
Christmas Store Dates & Times
- Dates: December 9th – December 22nd;
- Times: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. every day;
- Closed: the store isn’t open on Sundays
Christmas Gifts & Volunteers
- Gifts you can Provide: You can bring new and/or nearly new toys and Christmas gifts to the main Mission offices downtown anytime between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. any day of the week. If you need a few ideas about what to give, check out this Christmas toys list to find your inspiration.
- Coming to Help: We need volunteers prior to the store’s opening. There is still a lot to do to help us get ready. We also need volunteers to help when the store opens – from people who organize the stock room, to shopper helpers, to Christmas gift wrappers, and more. Come by yourself, with your family, or your team. Come make a difference while having a wonderful time helping children.