The 2016 Holiday Season at Mission Arlington®
Throughout the season, we need food of any kind, coats, blankets, heaters, underwear, and toys to help make the holidays warmer, happier and better for the families of our community. The Holidays are a very important time for families in need. There are many ways a group or individuals can be involved. Thank you for giving your time and resources to be a blessing to others. For a printable document with the same information on this page click here.
The Fall Family Festival
Join us for our annual Fall Festival on Saturday, October 29th, from noon to 4 p.m. in central Arlington. Find directions here.
Mission Arlington® hosts a safe & fun alternative to Halloween with our annual October festival. This family-friendly event includes – food, games, hayrides, bouncy houses, face painting, a huge carnival with prizes, a big bag of candy, and more. This is an event which the whole family can enjoy. The smiles on children’s faces make the event worthwhile for all involved.
- Volunteers are needed: If you and/or your team can help for all or for part of this day, please give us a call at 817-277-6620, and we’ll get you set up;
- CANDY IS NEEDED: Please bring individually wrapped bags of candy to the Mission offices downtown before, or up until October 29th. We will get that candy out to the children on that day.
- More information? Click this LINK.
A Mission Arlington® Thanksgiving
On Thanksgiving morning, November 24th, beginning at 8:00 a.m. the Mission Arlington® family will deliver turkeys, hams, food baskets, and cooked meals to more than 6,000 families. Last year, this represented 25,017 people. This event is always so much fun.
Thanksgiving food is needed:
- Boxed/Mashed Potatoes
- Canned Sweet Potatoes
- Beans & Rice
- Canned pie filling
- Canned fruit
- Stuffing mix
- Cranberry sauce
- Macaroni & cheese
- Peanut Butter
- Pie Crust.
Volunteers are needed too:
- To pack/prepare turkey baskets prior to Thanksgiving Day;
- To deliver food on Thanksgiving morning. Please be at the mission office by 8:00 a.m. If you are bringing a group, please call 817-277-6620 to let us know (if possible).
- More information? Click this LINK.
A Mission Arlington® Christmas
The Christmas Store:
- Where parents “shop” for Free Gifts for their children!
- Open Daily – December 10th – 23rd, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm (Sundays not included); Located here.
You are needed at the Mission Arlington® Christmas Store, where thousands of parents are able to find Christmas gifts for their children – free of charge. Hundreds of Christmas trees and bikes are also delivered to help families celebrate this cherished holiday. While visiting our store, each person hears the wonder of the Christmas story, and is given an invitation to respond.
- Volunteers are needed: to help people shop, wrap gifts, play with children, stock toys, deliver Christmas trees, repair and deliver bicycles.
- Christmas gifts are needed: Toys are needed for every age group – from babies and toddlers up through teenagers. Also needed and welcome are personal and clothing items. We also need various miscellaneous items, such as wrapping paper, tape, ornaments, and batteries. If possible, please bring unwrapped gifts to Mission Arlington or call us for a pick up at 817-277-6620. We will be collecting through Christmas Eve. For suggestion , please click here: Holiday Toy List.
- More information? Click this LINK!
Adopt a Family or a Child:
If you are interested in providing a family or child with a wonderful Christmas, please contact the Mission Arlington® office at (817) 277-6620.
For more information regarding any of these holiday ministries, please contact Tillie Burgin at Mission Arlington / Mission Metroplex (817) 277-6620 or e-mail us here.